King's Gate Primary School

Useful Information for Parents and Carers

E-Safety                                  A good website for advice about staying safe when you're on a phone, tablet or computer. Advice for 

                                                                                       parents and children.


Social, Emotional and Mental Health   Parents can refer their child to CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services ) however you

                                                                                       can contact the SENCO who can help you make a referral.                                                 Splitz Support Service is a registered charity delivering support services to adults and young people

                                                                                        experiencing the trauma of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Splitz delivers services across

                                                                                        south-west England. 

                                                                                        The Swindon Domestic Abuse Support Service out of hours number, between 5pm and 9am every day, 

                                                                                        is 01793 610 610.

                                                                                        The Splitz Support Service, which currently runs through the working week from 8am to 5pm, can be 

                                                                                        called on 01225 775276.                                 New 24/7 mental health helpline for children, young people and parents and carers. 

                                                                                         01865 903777 (9am – 5pm) and 01865 901000 (5pm – 9am)     Children and young people's emotional response to loss (bereavement). 



Click here to find out more information about the Early Support Assessment (which replaces the CAF).


What is a CAF?


Information on My Support Plans and CAFs


To view the Wiltshire Council Website - Information about CAFs - Click here


What is Autism?

Click on the image to find out more information about Autism.

Is my child ready to be left home alone?

Information to help you decide when it’s safe for your child to be home on their own, and how to find alternatives if they’re not ready. Click on the image to find out more.

Harmful effects of having too much screen time

A child-friendly video explaining the term 'screen time' and the negative effects that having too much screen time can have. Click on the image to watch the video.